Tis the season and we love to create art as presents and wanted to take it a step further by creating the wrapping paper ourselves too! Well, it’s probably more like decorating the wrapping paper, as we didn’t really create the paper itself. This can be such a fun project, and can save some money too 😉
- Butcher paper or any other long roll of paper
- Paint (we used green and red)
- Painting tools (toilet paper rolls, paintbrushes, cookie cutters, etc.) Be creative!
- Lay out the butcher paper on an area that will be easy to clean (hardwood floor, kitchen floor, if the weather is decent, the driveway!)
- Let your children decorate the entire roll of paper with the painting tools you have chosen!
- We let our children probably take it a little far by allowing them use their hands and fingers to create their masterpieces J